You may need to remove NotifySync from your Blackberry, for example if you want to do a clean install of NotifySync or you are no longer going to use your current Blackberry.
Method 1 - On the handset
If you are running v4.10 or later:
- From the main Blackberry screen, go to Options (usually a spanner icon)
- Select Applications (on some handsets you may need to select Advanced Options first, then Applications)
- Find NotifySync for Blackberry OS in the list (it may be the only item, or one of several items depending how many apps you have installed on your device).
- Highlight it
- Pop up the menu
- Select Delete
- Confirm the Delete when prompted
- You will be prompted that deletion will occur when the handset is restarted, select Yes to restart the device
If you are running v4.9.1 or earlier of NotifySync:
- Go to the Notify Blackberry Installer. You would normally find this in your downloads folder.
- The currently installed components are shown
- Tick each component one by one, by using the space button.
- Press the Blackberry Menu button.
- Select "Uninstall"
- You may then be prompted with a confirmation message, if you want to proceed then select accept/yes.
- When removal has been completed, restart your phone by removing the battery or pressing Alt + Cap + Del.
- After restarting your phone, you can then repeat the installation process if desired.
You may also wish to remove the Notify Blackberry Installer. To do this:
- From the main Blackberry menu, go to Options.
- Now go to Advanced, then Applications.
- Find Notify Blackberry Installer in the list and move to it so it is highlighted.
- Press the Blackberry Menu button
- Select "Delete"
- If prompted "Delete "Notify Blackberry Installer"" select Delete again.
- If prompted "Deletion will occur when handheld is restart. Restart now?" select Yes.
Method 2 - Via Blackberry Desktop Manager
- Run Blackberry Desktop Manager and connect your phone to your PC via USB cable. How to get it: https://kb.londonweb.net/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/48/0
- Go to Application Loader
- Under Add/Remove Applications, click on Start
- The phone is scanned and all installed applications are listed
- There are three components for NotifySync that will be shown in the list. These are Notify Blackberry Installer, Notify Core Library and NotifySync for Blackberry OS
- To just uninstall NotifySync so you can reinstall it afterwards, you do not need to remove the installer. Untick NotifySync for Blackberry OS and Notify Core Library, then press Next.
- To uninstall NotifySync and the installer, untick NotifySync for Blackberry OS, Notify Core Library and Notify Blackberry Installer and click Next.
- A summary screen will be displayed, showing Applications to be deleted. This should mention the items you previously unticked. Click finish.
- The modules are removed and the phone will reboot.
- Following reboot, the application can be reinstalled if required.
Last reviewed: 23/11/12